Non-discrimination requires joint measures to prevent, reduce and prepare for disasters and to distribute relief and promote recovery. It also guarantees the security of fundamental rights, without regard for gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, ethnic group, socioeconomic circumstances, disability, age or other status. Doing so could increase vulnerability.
- Include measures to prevent, reduce and prepare for disasters
- Secure equality of fundamental rights of users and those being supported
- Provide mechanisms to support the freedom to express different points of view
- Avoid any decisions that lead to inequality based in race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Ensure that interactions are culturally sensitive.